Natural slopes – 1.0
After a long delay, it was time for a big update. This is now version 1.0, as it seems to be rather stable. I took the opportunity to make some breaking changes...
This mod does not include any change by itself anymore. You will require to install a mod dedicated to a particular game.
If you used the library with other mods, the mod name has changed, as well as the associated functions (not the actual name, just the prefix). The registration method was changed too (see below).
The library is fully compatible with Minetest 5, support for Minetest 4 was dropped along the way.
Also, a few things new with this version:
- Slopes can happen on ceiling (mostly useful with stone slopes for caves)
- A group is added to each slope: family:<original node name>, so if registering slopes for default:dirt, all slopes will have the group family:default:dirt. It is more or less a convention I set myself to bind ABM or selection to the original node and some variants easily.
- Slope registration was simplified by setting changes from the original node instead of having to copy everything
- A new map generation method for single-core or low CPU, the progressive method make the transformation continuously little bit by little bit instead of everything at generation-time. The default method still uses VoxelManip on map generation which is overall much faster.
- A new method to copy stomping for each slope
- A detailed API documentation, inspired by the lua_api.txt documentation