Natural slopes for Minetest
This mod adds some stair-like nodes from soft ground nodes (sand, dirt, gravel...) that may change shape automatically according to their surroundings.
The aim of this mod is to make a visual improvement on the world with more curves and smooth movement not to jump on every little height. The library adds an API to register all the alternative 4 shapes and the change shape behavior with one line of code, while keeping some flexibility for the new nodes.
Registering a natural slope has the following effects:
- Four new nodes are registered based upon the original node definition: the straight slope, the inner corner, the outer corner and the "pike" (slab-like)
- When the map is generated, the blocks are changed to slopes according to the surrounding and the material hardness (defined when registering the slope)
- When blocks are placed around slopes, they may update their shape to match the new state
- Nodes that are just placed may also update their shape to match the surroundings
- If enabled, walking on edges may update the slope shape
- If enabled, some node may update from time to time
This mod doesn't add anything by itself. Check out other mods using the library for effective changes, like naturalslopes_minetest_game.
To download the mod, read the documentation, get the source code and the change log, check out Natural slopes lib on ContentDB.
Natural slopes is available for several Minetest games.
- [Release] 1.3 Some fixes and ease-of-use – August 8ᵗʰ, 2021
- [Release] 1.2 Colored nodes, global factors, dependencies fix – February 23ʳᵈ, 2021
- [Release] 1.1 Mapgen fixes, factors and external registration – February 7ᵗʰ, 2021
- [Release] 1.0 Ceiling slopes, progressive mapgen, stabilised API – December 30ᵗʰ, 2020
- [Release] 0.9 Small optimisation, bug fixes – August 30ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.8 Reenabled smooth rendering, reverted area updates – August 25ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.7 Texture enhancements, removed smooth rendering, area updates – August 15ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.6 Pike shape, bug fixes – August 12ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.5 Update on digging and placing, bugfixes – August 9ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.4 Bug fixes – August 6ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.3 Update upon map generation – August 5ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.2 Cubic rendering, update when stomped – July 25ᵗʰ, 2017
- [Release] 0.1 Natural slopes – July 21ᵗʰ, 2017